Employment Based Immigrant Visas are separated into five categories:
- EB-1: Foreign National of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers.
- EB-2: Workers with Advance Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business.
- EB-3: Skilled Workers and Professionals.
- EB-4: Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers.
- EB-5: Investor/Employment Creation Visas (See Immigrant Investor Visas for further discussion).
Each category has different requirements, processing times and some require a previous filing of a labor certification. Beneficiaries may be located in foreign countries and enter the U.S. directly as legal permanent residents or they may be in the U.S. on non-immigrant visas and apply to adjust their status to resident status based on an approved petition. SMA has experience in the presentation of all categories of visas as well as the labor certifications which may be required. We also specialize in adjustments of status from H-1, L-1, O-1 and a variety of other non-immigrant visas to permanent residence based on employment-based visas.