Coming to America: Legal and financial planning challenges faced by practitioners when advising immigrant clients Thursday, August 17, 2017 | 2pm ET / 11am PT
This webinar will review the legal issues/challenges to becoming a citizen and then discuss the financial and tax planning issues, including:
• Income taxation of non-U.S. citizens
• Treaty planning for the income tax implications
• Tax reporting requirements International estate planning issues
• How clients should handle assets in their home country
• Use of offshore funds
• How taxes relate to portfolio management and cultural differences (different financial/objectives based on culture and upbringing).