Temporary Visa for Expansion of Foreign (L1) Visa

For small and medium size companies overseas who dream of expanding their business to the U.S., the Intra-Company Transfer visa (L-1) can often be the solution. SMA specializes in L-1 visas, allowing for companies to begin a start-up business in the U.S. and to send a manager to execute the company’s business expansion plan. This visa can be renewed for up to a total of seven years and can also serve as a platform for a green card application.

The visa has few requirements. The corporate executives, managers or employees with specialized knowledge, the requirement is that that person currently be working, or has worked for at least one continuous year in the past 3 years before applying. The foreign company must be related in a specific manner to the U.S. company, which acts as the sponsor of the visa. These valid legal relationships include parent/subsidiary relationship or by being the same or an affiliate employer, or a joint venture partner. In order to assist start-up companies, SMA helps to incorporate the U.S. entity, draft its legal operating documents, works on the business plan which is needed for the visa presentation, and then assists with the visa petition procedure. Once the beneficiary has received his visa, we provide legal representation and advice on business matters.

For already established multi-national companies which may have a policy of international rotation of managerial level personnel or need to move employees with specialized knowledge to implement or assist with the opening of new offices or installation of new technologies, SMA is also there to help.

If you have any questions about intra-company transfers, investor visas, setting up a business in the U.S., or any other concerns, please contact Steve Maggi at smaggi@smalawyers.com.

Comments are closed.

Legal Disclaimer: The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice or the opinions of this law firm or any of its attorneys. Transmission or receipt of any information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and you should not act or rely upon any information appearing on this website without seeking the advice of an attorney. Moreover, because the law is constantly changing, the materials appearing on this website are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. This is considered Attorney Advertising by some Bar Associations. Prior results do not imply future similar results.

© 2017 SMA Law Firm, Steve Maggi ESQ, US Immigration and Consular Lawyer, US Immigration Lawyers. Our list of US Visa services include EB-1 Visa - Foreign National of Extraordinary Ability - Outstanding Professors and Researchers, EB-2 Visa - Workers with Advance Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences Arts or Business, EB-3 Visa: Skilled Workers and Professionals, EB-4 Visa: Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers, EB-5 Visa: Investor/Employment Creation Visas, H-1 Visa, L-1 Visa, O-1 Visa and Other US Immigration Visas.

SMA Immigration Law Firm New York Office: 222 Broadway, 19th Floor, NY, NY 10038 - Phone: (212) 402-6885 Fax: (646) 786-4734
SMA Immigration Law Firm London Office: Nabas Legal - International Lawyers City Business Centre, St Olav Court, Lower Road, Unit 23 London SE16 2XB - Phone:+44 (0) 20 7252 0106 - Contact: Herman Santiago - Email: HSantiago@nabaslegal.com
SMA Immigration Law Firm Amsterdam Office: Stage-USA - Haparandaweg 67b6, 1013 BD Amsterdam. Contact: Andries Bonneur - Email: abonneur@stage-usa.nl

SMA Immigration Law Firm on Facebook, SMA Immigration Law Firm on Twitter, SMA Immigration Law Firm on Google+